JULY news, views and schmooze
Página 2 de 2: 12
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 1063
Registrado: 4 feb 2012
July is almost over and although it's been hot almost everywhere, the forum (like the Shout) have been much cooler and rather deserted! I think that Forums and Chat Boxes have had their day, not sure why.
People spend more time than ever on their mobiles and I just wonder why... they scroll and scroll, they copy and re-post, they tell friends where they are and what they're doing, they spread juicy rumour and scandal ... and they search for stuff (music) that's trending and make it trend more!
I'm usually very careful but yesterday I fell over backwards "Ouch" I was weighing myself on some shiny bathroom scales with a German speaker... The woman shouted out a number I didn't believe so I stood back on (trying to be lighter) then Oops! I slid off.
I haven't managed to make any new music so I'm having fun digging out old stuff and waiting for a template to capture my imagination.
People spend more time than ever on their mobiles and I just wonder why... they scroll and scroll, they copy and re-post, they tell friends where they are and what they're doing, they spread juicy rumour and scandal ... and they search for stuff (music) that's trending and make it trend more!
I'm usually very careful but yesterday I fell over backwards "Ouch" I was weighing myself on some shiny bathroom scales with a German speaker... The woman shouted out a number I didn't believe so I stood back on (trying to be lighter) then Oops! I slid off.
I haven't managed to make any new music so I'm having fun digging out old stuff and waiting for a template to capture my imagination.
+2
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 1005
Registrado: 14 feb 2018
Oh my... get better soon Shamika :o
+3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Visitar Tienda
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 1063
Registrado: 4 feb 2012
wjl wrote:
Oh my... get better soon Shamika :o
Oh my... get better soon Shamika :o
Thanks Wolfgang, just bruises but my dignity hurts a little :D
+3
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 2268
Registrado: 27 sept 2014
Shamika wrote: I was weighing myself on some shiny bathroom scales with a German speaker...
I don't think bathroom scales are meant for two people to stand on them at the same time, even if the other person speaks German. Maybe if it was Japanese or Zimbabwean it might have worked. But German? No, I speak of experience. Be careful next time ;)
+2
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 1063
Registrado: 4 feb 2012
TeeGee wrote:
I don't think bathroom scales are meant for two people to stand on them at the same time, even if the other person speaks German. Maybe if it was Japanese or Zimbabwean it might have worked. But German? No, I speak of experience. Be careful next time ;)
Shamika wrote: I was weighing myself on some shiny bathroom scales with a German speaker...
I don't think bathroom scales are meant for two people to stand on them at the same time, even if the other person speaks German. Maybe if it was Japanese or Zimbabwean it might have worked. But German? No, I speak of experience. Be careful next time ;)
:D Very funny. These 'talking' scales were a bad buy. She speaks English but with a heavy german accent and she gives me the result in Kgs not Stones and pounds. It would have helped if she'd shouted out
"Be careful stepping off Shamika" or even "Passen Sie beim Absteigen auf verrückte Frau"
+2
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 124
Registrado: 15 jun 2024
Shamika, Don’t believe everything the scale says.
They are liars in the service of the Great Capital! :D
They are liars in the service of the Great Capital! :D
+2
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 413
Registrado: 19 mar 2022
Don't know but somehow I like the idea of a heavily accented voice on a scale. A menacing 'so ms shamika, we haff ways of making you slim. Being overweight is strictly verboten, jawoll' might just be the thing to get you to sign that gym contract.
+3
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 2268
Registrado: 27 sept 2014
The best languages for a scale to frighten you to lose weight is either German or Arabic 😂😂😂. I might even look for one!
+1
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Visitar Tienda
SUPPORTER
Publicaciones: 1005
Registrado: 14 feb 2018
Shamika wrote:
:D Very funny. These 'talking' scales were a bad buy. She speaks English but with a heavy german accent and she gives me the result in Kgs not Stones and pounds. It would have helped if she'd shouted out
"Be careful stepping off Shamika" or even "Passen Sie beim Absteigen auf verrückte Frau"
TeeGee wrote:
I don't think bathroom scales are meant for two people to stand on them at the same time, even if the other person speaks German. Maybe if it was Japanese or Zimbabwean it might have worked. But German? No, I speak of experience. Be careful next time ;)
Shamika wrote: I was weighing myself on some shiny bathroom scales with a German speaker...
I don't think bathroom scales are meant for two people to stand on them at the same time, even if the other person speaks German. Maybe if it was Japanese or Zimbabwean it might have worked. But German? No, I speak of experience. Be careful next time ;)
:D Very funny. These 'talking' scales were a bad buy. She speaks English but with a heavy german accent and she gives me the result in Kgs not Stones and pounds. It would have helped if she'd shouted out
"Be careful stepping off Shamika" or even "Passen Sie beim Absteigen auf verrückte Frau"
Very funny :D And mine also doesn't say 11 stones and 5.5 lb... :D
+2
Página 2 de 2: 12
Las sesiones de jam en línea de wikiloops son posibles con el amable
apoyo de:
Without wikiloops I would have stayed forever silent ;o)
Uloisius